Good morning, afternoon, evening, night, whatever!
It's hard to believe that another week of October is gone, pushed away with rain and wind, but it has and we are one step closer to our goal: winning NaNoWrimo.
I hope you're working on preparing for your story, or at the very least have one character picked out and some kind of scenario to put them in. However, if you have yet to figure ANYTHING out, have no fear because we at nanowrimo
have things on the horizon to help you with that.
Let's dive right in and break it all down for you, yo. (If you knew me in real life, you'd find that yo a whole lot more hysterical than it actually is.)Week at a Glance:Several banners
and graphic posts
- have gone up this week. Check them out and proudly show off your NaNoWriMo pride.NaNoWriMo Binder Creation
- a step by step tutorial, with pictures, on how to create, maintain, and organize a banner for NaNoWriMo.Community Feedback Form
- Give us your tired, huddled masses and thoughts on how to improve this community.2012 Community Rules
- posted as a sticky at the top of the community. Take a few moments to familiarize yourself with them.Community Discussion:
- we started a new daily post for community discussion with various topics. Thus far, we've talked about NaNoing with special circumstances and how to create characters. Follow the discussion tag to stay up to date.2012 IM Friending Meme:
- the first of our friending posts rolled out this week. More to come soon.Month at Large:The Great Character Exchange:
- this post is still up and running. Check it out and help out those who have sought a character idea!NaNoWriMo Reference Post
- a wonderful resource! Don't let this slip by.Banner/Icon Contest:
- you have until October 24th to enter and so far, there have been NO entries! Show your NaNo spirit and make some fun graphics.Upcoming Advertised Events:Chatzy Sign Up Weekend:
- Starting this weekend, you will not be able to access chatzy without a registered account. Please sign up for a free account with your email OR facebook (your choice) today!Sprint Week!
- our first annual sprint week to kick off NaNoWriMo4th Annual Night of Writing Dangerously
- details to come.Definitions:Sprinter:
- one who participates in writing sprints.Extreme Sprinter:
- one who follows writingvixen
's philosophy on sprinting with super short breaks for long periods of time.NaNoCake:
- you cannot have it and eat it tooNaNoSwag:
- any gear that tells the world you are a NaNoHead.Links:Follow us on Facebookallyear_sprintsFollow All Year Sprints on FacebookAll Year Sprints Google CalendarSprint RoomsMobile Sprint RoomsContact Me:@paisleypuddles